Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Now what...

This belt is lower profile from
previous carriers.
This is as far as it's gotten. Before proceeding black thread will need to be wound onto a bobbin and I need to decide how to do the adjustable height sleeve for the waist belt. Currently, the bottom most sleeve is sewn on (French seam) and is good and snug, yet still allows for removal of the padded belt.
If I make a hood, it will be a snap in and not sewn in as previously. Neither of the fabrics on this carrier would make suitable hoods, so I would need to find something else. However, the top head rest still opens to allow for an interior pocket so I can insert a camel back or cooling towel.

I could add another sleeve to the interior side panels with a couple belt loops perhaps on the comfort mesh part...

Or I could insert the belt upside down and flip the current waist belt sleeve up... but then there needs to be a way to secure it in that position or the sleeve might slide down.

For cinching most likely I'll put the double cinch belts on the side panels like I did on the ACU carrier.

But all that will have to wait for another day. This is as far as I'm going to progress today.


No comments: